#GivingTuesday is a global giving movement that has been built by individuals, families, organizations, businesses and communities in all 50 states and in countries around the world. Millions of people have come together to support and champion the causes they believe in and the communities in which they live.
We have two days for getting deals – Black Friday and Cyber Monday. On #GivingTuesday, we have a day for giving back.
- #GivingTuesday is the opening day of the giving season: a reminder of the “reason for the season.” Every act of generosity counts, and each means even more when we give together.
- #GivingTuesday includes people of all ethnicities, religions and backgrounds. Together, millions of people demonstrate our common capacity to give.
- #GivingTuesday is a celebration of America’s greatest traditions: generosity, entrepreneurialism, community. Everyone has something to give. You can give time or expertise, monetary donations large or small, simple acts of kindness, food or clothing.
Consider participating in #GivingTuesday through Bald Knob Cross of Peace. You can give in many ways… just click on the linked word below for more details:
- Volunteer at our Welcome Center
- Give a one-time or monthly donation
- Purchase a Commemorative Paver to become a permanent part of the magnificent Bald Knob Cross grounds.
“I have recently started volunteering at the Welcome Center and have found it to be a rewarding experience. The cross itself is beautiful, along with the amazing view! I enjoy greeting the visitors, finding out where they are from, and trying to answer their questions. The second time I was there I met a woman from Tokyo Japan, so the cross is world famous! I look forward to meeting more people from Southern Illinois and from around the world!”
~ Gene Schwebel
“I have always enjoyed volunteering at Bald Knob Cross. I grew up in the area, and I love chatting with visitors and hearing them tell about sites they’ve seen. And getting to share with them the history of the area, and the Cross.”
~ C.J. Green
“My experience volunteering at Bald Knob Cross has been amazing. To speak with visitors who have traveled 5 minutes or across the ocean and hear how peaceful and beautiful our spot is makes me thankful that I get to be here on a regular basis. No matter my responsibilities while at the Cross it never seems like work because I know I’m helping preserve an important landmark for generations yet to come. I love the “Giving Tuesday” because that is why we are here, to give of ourselves and make our world a little better.”
I am thankful for Bald Knob Cross!
~ Lee Furry
“As a volunteer involved in the prayer ministry at Bald Knob Cross, I have been amazed at the number of visitors who take the time to complete a prayer request card at the Welcome Center. It’s been very humbling to be a part of the prayers lifted up on behalf of these folks who come from lots of different places with lots of heartfelt issues and concerns. Being a part of the Bald Knob Cross family of volunteers has definitely made a positive difference in my life.”
~ Jeannie Housewright
“I love to share what I know about Bald Knob Cross and how God has blessed me while working there. My favorite story is when The Cross was allowing people to go up the inside of the cross (during the renovation period). It was just the frame and I was at the top. The fog came so thick that you could hardly see. It felt like God was hugging me.”
~ Marcy Lindsay