Executive Director for Bald Knob Cross of Peace
Bald Knob Cross is the highest giant cross above average terrain in the western hemisphere and is located near Alto Pass, IL. Ecumenical Easter sunrise services have been held for over 80 years. The site hosts numerous Christian events throughout the year and hosts over 30,000 visitors from all 50 states and numerous countries annually. The Executive Director is the senior most staff position responsible for promotion, staffing, financial oversight, management of committees, organizational vision, etc. The position requires a commitment of 20 hours/week. Compensation consideration will start at $23,000 per year but may be adjusted upwards commensurate with education and experience.
- A deep and abiding love for Jesus Christ and a desire to serve others
- Currently active in a local church of the Christian faith
- Resume must show evidence of:
- College degree (preferred)
- Supervisory experience required (at least 4 years preferred)
- Self-leadership and self-motivation
- Self-guidance towards pre-described organizational goals and objectives
- Good communication skills
- Basic computer skills including social media competency
- Ability to read and interpret financial reports
- Organizational budgeting experience
- Experience with staff evaluations and performance reviews
- Additional abilities that are not required but are desirable for this position:
- Grant writing
- Branding and promotion
- Inasmuch as the Executive Director is the public face of Bald Knob Cross of Peace, having a positive reputation in the community and on social media which is free from excessive conflict and/or controversy is necessary.
Bald Knob Cross of Peace, Incorporated does not discriminate during hiring based on race, color, gender, national origin, or age.