From the very beginning, Bald Knob Cross has received an outpouring of love and support from the surrounding communities. The most popular story passed down through the years is about one local woman who made a financial pledge to the cross, but she had no idea how she would fulfill the pledge. As it turned out, she did find a way… by raising pigs, and convincing hundreds of others to raise pigs, too! Bald Knob continues to exist because of the support and generosity of the communities it serves, and we always need people to desire to support the Cross through monetary donations, volunteer time, prayer, and a variety of other ways.
Expansions and improvements continue to happen at Bald Knob Cross, including:
- New pads and picnic tables installed up near the cross and on the hillsides overlooking the view
- Old lighting bunkers restored and covered with sheeting, providing cross history, timeline, salvation story and identification of sights in the distance looking each direction
- An increase in the selection of items for purchase in the gift shop at the visitor center
Here are just a few ways you can become a supporter of Bald Knob Cross of Peace…
The prayers of the people are always the sustaining power of the ongoing outreach of Bald Knob Cross of Peace. Pray for those who come to visit the Cross during dark times of their lives, that the Cross may provide a beacon of hope, and a new or renewed connection to the God it represents. Pray for those who provide leadership for the ongoing influence of the Cross. Pray for those who simply see the lights from the Cross from afar, that it will touch their heart and bring joy and healing.
Individuals are needed to help in a variety of ways. Whether you can offer a few hours each week, or one-time assistance for a special event, your help is greatly needed and appreciated.
We need volunteers to:
- Work a weekly or monthly shift in the Welcome Center
- Assist with folding/placing merchandise
- Assist with special events
- Pass out flyers for Paver Program
- Deliver brochures and promotional information
- Assist with keeping Welcome Center clean and bright
- Share history of the Cross and southern Illinois information with visitors
- Assist with fund-raising efforts
- Much more!
Current Volunteers: See the Calendar here.
We continually have a ‘needs list’ at the Cross, as well as ongoing expenses. Click here to access a current needs list. Donation crosses are available at the Welcome Center, or you can make a donation:
- Online here (one-time or recurring with major credit card)
- Paypal payment (one-time in any amount)
- Download the payment form (one-time or recurring)
- Or, send your check to Bald Knob Cross of Peace, PO Box 35, Alto Pass, IL 62905.
Become a part of our Commemorative Paver Program, learn more.
Become a Member
Become a member of the Bald Knob Cross of Peace today! Click here for more information and to complete the membership application.
Do You Have a Birthday Coming Up?
Please consider doing a Facebook fundraiser for Bald Knob Cross. It’s quick to set up and easy to do, and a great way to support the cross!
Do You Have a Birthday Coming Up? Please consider doing a Facebook fundraiser for Bald Knob Cross. It’s quick to set up and easy to do, and a great way to support the cross! See the instructions here, or contact us for assistance.
Cash contributions and the fair market value of contributions-in-kind to the Bald Knob Cross of Peace are tax deductible, pursuant to Internal Revenue Service (IRS) provisions.